Purpose of the AlumNet Web site
The AlumNet Web site is the online presence of the University of Buckingham (the University) Alumni
Office. Its aims are:
- To foster communication and networking within the alumni community, between alumni and the
University and between alumni and current students.
- To aid recruitment both by fostering word-of-mouth and showcasing our excellent lifelong relationship
with our alumni to potential students.
- To assist the University in its fundraising activities.
You can join if you are
- An alumnus of the University.
- A member of the staff of the University .
- Ex-staff, at the discretion of the Alumni Office.
- A student on a 2 or more year undergraduate or 1or more year postgraduate programme and are in the
last six months of your studies. (If you are on a shorter programme you can join on completion of your
In all cases, the final decision rests with the Alumni Office.
- The Alumni Office and the University will not share your details with any third party without your
express permission, other than where required to do so by law.
- Your details will only be used by the University and its Alumni Office for furthering the stated
aims of the site.
- The AlumNet Web site uses SSL encryption to protect your personal details when being transmitted
across the Internet (for example when you are updating your profile).
- Through your Privacy Level you can choose how much or how little of your profile should be visible
to other AlumNet users. However the Alumni Office will have access to all of your profile details.
- The Alumni Office will keep in touch with you by email. If, at any point, you no longer wish to
receive these updates, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Buckingham has no control over and accepts no responsibility for the content of
external sites linked to from the AlumNet website.
Unless otherwise explicitly stated, copyright of all materials resides with the University of
Buckingham and is asserted with the exception of the AlumNet image gallery where copyright resides with
individual copyright owners who have granted permission for the image to appear on this website.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in these pages,
neither the University of Buckingham nor its Alumni Office can be held responsible for any errors or
By being a member of AlumNet you accept that, although the University will take steps to ensure that
your privacy instructions are followed, it may take time to take down or change an entry. If therefore
you request the University remove an item from the site or stop a particular discussion thread, it may
take a reasonable time to comply.
Responsibilities of users
- AlumNet is a meeting place for our global alumni community. We ask you to be considerate of the
sensitivities of others in your postings to the site.
- We ask that users respect each others' privacy in their use of the contact details available on the
site, in particular personal details garnered from the site must not shared with any third party or
commercial emails sent to an individual without their express prior consent. (This is a legal requirement
within the EU and other jurisdictions).
- We ask that you report any suspected abuse of the site to the Alumni Office.
- By joining the site you undertake that all information you post on the site, including that in your
profile, be true and that the University accepts no liability for its accuracy.
We reserve the right to suspend or cancel the membership of anyone abusing the service. The final
decision in all cases rests with the Alumni Office.
By submitting this registration form you are agreeing to our storing your AlumNet profile details
electronically, in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and to the terms above.