Firstly, we would like to say a HUGE thank you to all of our alumni who have generously donated to our Annual Fund over the past five years. The Fund has now moved into its sixth year, hoping to build upon the achievements of previous years and further improve the experience for our students.
The results of the National Student Survey in the summer saw the University of Buckingham come top for a
sixth year running. This fantastic news would come as no surprise to many of our alumni and the continued support
given by you has all played a role in the outcome of this survey.
All of your kind donations support development projects with the most direct and immediate impact for our students. Over the
years, with your help, we were able to carry out a number of projects from the AAF Wish List, including:
- the construction of a Memorial Garden
- provision of new flooring and brand new widescreen TVs in the SU Bar
and Refectory respectively
- a new 12-seater minibus (pictured)
- a beech tree to replace one that had to be cut down
- two gazebos for the SU
- equipment in the new Wellness Centre
- furniture in the refurbished cellars recreation rooms at Verney Park.
- media equipment for the student weekly blog
- music equipment and staging for the Radcliffe Centre
The AAF is of enormous importance to the University and will enable us to continue our programme of expansion and
our constant efforts to improve the students' experience. Amongst other things it will help finance small, but vital projects
that all help to enhance the students' lives while they are here.
Our AAF wish list identifies the following projects:
- A social venue for the students
- Sports facilities for the students
If you have any other suggestions of items to add to the wish
list please contact the Alumni Office (details below).
We actively work to keep close links with our alumni and we appreciate the personal contacts we maintain with so many of our
We would like to say thank you to everyone who has supported the AAF. The University is also grateful for the support it receives from parents and family members of its current students and alumni.
In order to show our thanks, Lord and Lady Luce (former Vice-Chancellor and his wife) host an annual tea party at the House of
Lords, Westminster. This is an invitation-only event for people who have most kindly donated to the AAF.
Make a donation
If you wish to support the Alumni Annual Fund by making a donation, please click on one of the
- Donate online (If using this link, please email the Alumni Office to let us know that your donation has been sent for the AAF
- Donation form: Download and print pdf form for regular donations: aaf.pdf (59 KB)
- Donation brochure: Download and print pdf brochure with form for single donations: aaf2010.pdf (667 KB)
Tel: +44 (0)1280 820338
Fax: +44 (0)1280 822245
Address: The Alumni Office
The University of Buckingham